International Workshop on
5G End-to-End Performance Evaluation and Testing
In conjunction with WCNC 2018, 15-18 April, Barcelona, Spain
Call for Papers
While the 5G technologies becomes clearer and more available to be introduced even as evolution of 4G systems, it is still very unclear how the verticals will be impacted by these new components.
Evaluating the performance of networks, vertical applications and services, and individual or combined system components in an End-to-End fashion is still facing open challenges and issues.
The workshop will then cover issues related to performance evaluation of connected verticals, network and components towards an end to end network performance evaluation in 4.5G to 5G, covering the entire chain from concept definition, simulation, emulation, and live trials.
The scope of the workshop covers, but not limited to:
Application and service testing
• Model-based testing
• Correlating radio and IP behaviour
• Server-side testing
• App performance verification
• Key Performance Indication for App performance
• App Quality of Experience Evaluation
• Big data Analytics for service and network behaviour verification
Simulation and Emulation systems
• E2E system level computer simulation tools
• Integration of emulation and real network components
• Complexity reduction for End-to-End emulation tools
• Emulation and Simulation RAN, Network, and Traffic modelling
End-to-End testbeds and trials
• Network sandboxes
• Live trials performance evaluation
• Testing tools for sandboxes and live networks
Other topics related to End-to-End Performance Evaluation and Testing can be of interest
The workshop invites papers for submission. Papers should follow IEEE WCNC 2018 formatting and length guidelines.
The key dates for the workshop are as follows:
Paper submission deadline – 3rd November 2017
Notification of acceptance – 15th December 2017
Camera-ready submission – 12th January 2017
Come and experiment with the testbed infrastructure provided by the Triangle EU H2020 project. Bring your own mobile App, or use the available reference applications to run End-to-End tests and experiments.
Use the available test cases library or build your own. Play with parameters in Apps, devices, RAN, or EPC, to have an idea of the possibilities offered by the testbed.
The data are processed through the Triangle tools to obtain multi-domain profiles of the App, device, or service under evaluation.
– Andrea F. Cattoni, Keysight Laboratories – Keysight Technologies Denmark
– Pedro Merino Gomez, Universidad de Màlaga
– Donal Morris, RedZinc Services Ltd.
– Panagiotis Demestichas, University of Piraeus
– Niall Roche, University College London
– Carlos Cardenas Angelat, DEKRA Spain
– Bart Saint Germain, Quamotion
– German Corrales Madueno, Keysight Technologies
– Alberto Salmerón Moreno, University of Malaga
– Almudena Diaz Zayas, University of Malaga
– Mads Lauridsen, Aalborg University
– Daniela Laselva, Nokia Bell Labs