TRIANGLE Second Open Call for Experiments and Extensions [OC3&OC4] has closed. A new open call should be published in 2018.
The TRIANGLE project will have a number of Open Calls or funding opportunities, commencing in October 2016 and concluding in early 2018.
Type of participants: The profile of call participants is SMEs, larger companies and/or research institutions which are active in research and/or development of 5G components.
The TRIANGLE project implements a test bed emulating realistic 5G scenarios (such as dual connectivity or heterogeneous handover). To complement and improve the current functionality, the project is looking for companies and research institutions interested in providing further extensions supporting or expanding the 5G benchmarking capability. Benchmarking 5G applications and devices is very dependent on the final networking scenarios that can be reproduced in the test bed.
The selected extensions will be integrated into the current TRIANGLE test bed by the selected proposer and be made available as technology to be used as part of the 5G Triangle benchmarking and experiments.
Extension description: The consortium is open to receive proposals having the objective to expand the current testbed capability. We are particularly interested in extensions that can assist with measuring QoE in the areas of:
-Open mobile devices
-QoE metrics based on objective measurements
-Mobile Edge Computing
A list of potential extensions is suggested here as example. For each proposal extension it is strongly encouraged to express your interest such that technical feasibility check can be done upfront in the call evaluation procedure to ensure feasibility of the proposal.
- Devices: Innovative pre-commercial hardware platforms to be used as UEs. Examples: IoT, public safety, D2D. The devices could become reference devices for testing apps or open platforms for experiments.
- RAN: Innovative solutions for access nodes in regulated or unlicensed spectrum. Examples: C-RAN, eMBMS support.
- Core and Transport Network: Advanced EPC components compliance with standard functions defined by 3GPP or with widely accepted interfaces. Examples: NB-IoT, DECOR, eMBMS, NFV deployment. Hardware/software innovative solutions for advanced SDN/NFV based networking.
- Benchmarking capability expansion: New hardware/software probes or processing tools to produce KPIs related to QoS/QoE of new Video services. Examples: Video Services, Augmented Reality.
The consortium is also open to other ideas and suggestions which may not be listed above, with the objective of building and expanding the capabilities of the Triangle testbed. In particular, the consortium is interested in technologies that can help the testbed achieve the performance identified by 5G NGMN use cases, contained in the white paper https://www.ngmn.org/5g-white-paper.html. This specifies 14 new use cases with various targeted KPI User Experienced Data Rate for uplink and downlink speeds, for end-to-end latency and for mobility. Devices and applications testers from open calls need to target these use cases.
- APIs for all components available to the consortium in order to allow automation.
- Support from the proposer to integrate the platforms in the test bed (some person months are expected).
- Provision of additional components if they are non-commercial (e.g. devices).
- Provision of reference applications to initially deploy and use the proposed components.
- The proposer will be supporting the project and the extension functionality until the end of 2018.
Benefit to the applicant: Access to an early 5G E2E test bed in which your technology can be installed, demonstrated, tested and used.
|Duration of the extension work||The maximum allowed duration of the work to include the extension is expected to be 6 months. Extensions are required to be supported and functional until the end of the project (End of 2018)|
|Language of the proposal||English|
|Pre-proposal feasibility check||Mandatory to ensure feasibility of the proposal, contact preferably before October 1st|
|Call opening||May 8th, 2017 at 00:01h CET (Brussels time)|
|Call deadline||July 9th, 2017 at 17:00h CET (Brussels time)|
|Notification of acceptance||August 31st, 2017|
|Extension work starting||October 1st, 2017|
|Proposal submission and information||Via F6S online platform
Note: if you experience problems with F6S, please send us the proposal by email
|Expression of Interest||The Open Call has officially opened, interested companies can submit their proposals through F6S.|
|Call name||Second TRIANGLE Open Call for Extensions|
|Total budget for experiments||100,000 Euros|
|Expected proposal size||Target extensions are around 20,000 Euros to 100,000 Euros, we can accept smaller proposals if they make sense|
|Maximum funding per proposal||100,000 Euros|
Online documentation and supporting tutorials are available at:
- Website for Open Call Information
- Testbed Description
- Email Support: opencall at triangle-project dot eu
- FAQ page
While submitting your application to the Open Call for Experiments OC2, please use the following documentation.
|Document||Why is it important?|
|Open Call 4 instructions||This document contains the full description of the Open Call. It helps you clarifying what is suitable for submission to the Call, what is the review process, and how to apply to it|
|Before applying||Read this document as a walk-through that can help you submitting the application on the online platform.|
|Agreement Form||This document contain the full description of what we can offer, what you can expect and what are the mutual responsibilities. It is a legally binding Service Level Agreement from both parties|
|Budget Template||Use this template for filling in your budget request for the experiments|